Monday, December 22, 2008

CM Teammates -- Happy Holidays!

I hope this post finds you Fired UP for an Outstanding Holiday season. It can be the best of times and the worst of times depending on your perspective especially this holiday season. If you're able to breath, eat, and move under your own power, then you're off to the right start to getting (and staying) Fired UP. So many folks ask me about getting (and keeping) a positive attitude, and the holidays amplify the positives or negatives in your life. If you're in the negative camp this holiday season, Push and Pull yourself out of it by starting with a review of what I call life perspective fundamentals:

1. Can you breathe under your own power?
2. Can you eat under your own power?
3. Can you move under your own power?

If you answered yes to all three (and incidentally, if you're physically challenged but can still move even mechanically assisted, then your answer is "yes!" for #3) - then you have NO REASON not to have a positive attitude, an Awesome Holiday season and the foundation for a killer mission plan for 2009.

The point is, you decide what your attitude is 24/7 - and it starts with having an appreciation for your big picture perspective on life - how fortunate you are that you can do the above fundamentals, because there are plenty in this world that can't, and trust me, they'd give anything to be able to have what you have...anything (and many of these folks still remain Positive!).

Next step - you guessed it - workout. Nothing fancy, just get the muscles moving, the blood pumping and feed your machine some good fuel. I know the holidays are the best time for taking in short-term feel good fuel (sugar: candy/alcohol/cookies/cake, etc) - I certainly enjoy more than my fair share - just know that its your call to pay now or pay later - no guilt trip here - it just is what it is - Output versus Input. More input (food) and less output (exercise) will tip your scales and your attitude in the wrong direction. Don't let the Holidays get the best of you - instead Get the best out of the holidays this year by staying Fired Up and in control. After all - it's all your call.

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays - CHARLIE MIKE! ALDEN

5 comments:

Joe G. said...

Alden, all a person has to do is look at the life of Kyle Maynard and he will see that a "handicap" can result in an incredibly inspiring life that motivates people.

Kyle Maynard.

Use your search engine. You'll be impressed.

Joe G. said...

The kid is blessed. Here is a video link. You won't have to search hard for a wrestling demo if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOk24NRX934

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Holiday and New Year everyone!
It sucks that I can't use the perfect products anymore, but that's just my sucky genetics that can't handle stress.
The perfect products really do kick ass, are designed correctly for the body and get results fast like nothing else.
Of course he's got a ton of fans in the military. They all have superior genetics and they don't get the ugly face I got from them.

For me, I'll get rid of my ugliness I got from them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk72lvLFDfk

Lisa A said...

Alden, and everyone here at Charlie Mike, wishing you a joyous Holiday!

Alden, your blog was timely for me. I found myself eating unaware of what, and how much I was consuming as excess food and desserts are just everywhere with the holidays. I've decided to journal what I eat for the next week so I'll at least be conscious of what and when I'm eating.

Thank You!!

Zyron1431 said...

I just bought the Perfect Push-up and have been using it for 2 weeks now..and wow is all i can say. The workout DVD i also got has been helping too. The results I'm getting great results. Upon reading this, just made me think about a couple things and it just makes me want to push harder in my endeavors. Anyway have a good Holiday everyone and a Happy New Year.