Monday, October 6, 2008

How to Target the Biceps Specifically

Great question from Brian W --

Thanks for the great post. I've been wondering the same thing. I've noticed much more definition and improvement in my triceps from doing the perfect pushup but was wondering if there was any way to target the biceps specifically? I have been doing some sets of the perfect punch and will try to do more in the future. I am really interested in buying the perfect pullup because I think it would be a great complement, but I am currently renting a place and do not think I can install it in the place. Thanks!

Brian – thanks for your post – here’s the deal on engaging your biceps when doing a pushup. Normally, biceps aren’t recruited during the pushup movement; however, with Perfect Pushup’s rotation you can engage them to a point – the power punch (180 degrees of rotation) is the best way to recruit the biceps – after that, you really need to use dumbbells or even better a pullup (specifically a chin-up – your palms facing you; a pull-up is when your palms are facing away from you). This is the reason why we created the Perfect Pullup. It’s your call about your rental space, but it’s super easy to fill the holes and use a magic marker to color the filled-in holes. Let me know how it goes –

CHARLIE MIKE - ALDEN

1 comment:

Brian Wu said...

Thanks for responding for the question. I will look into the perfect pullup some more!

I just want to thank you for an amazing product though with the perfect pushup, I am trying to get the pictures to help show how it has helped me so much!