Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Meet Gray Holland, Perfect Counter Designer

Guest blogger: Ian MacColl, Team Leader for Design at Perfect Pushup

Charlie Mike Teammates, I would like to introduce to you a great Perfect Team member: Gray Holland of Alchemy Labs.

Perhaps first, however, I should introduce myself. I am the new team leader for Design here at Perfect Fitness. I come from a background of leading teams at Wham-O and IDEO and am responsible for new products and branding moving forward. I have known Gray Holland for almost 20 years and he is one of the best designers I have worked with over my career. We went to college together in Pasadena, at the Art Center College of Design, and we are now professors and teach together at the California College of the Arts in San Francisco.

After graduating from Art Center College of Design in the Transportation Design program, Gray moved to Detroit to work at General Motors on, among other things, the original electric car. From there he moved to San Francisco and founded Alchemy Labs in 1993, a practice built on emerging digital technology and strategy. He has consulted with a variety of companies including Nike, Disney, TiVo, Seiko, and BMW.

We are honored (and, of course, FIRED UP) to have him working so closely with us on the exciting new products you will start to see this summer and fall. For the next three weeks, Gray will chronicle the Perfect Counter design process with the readers of CHARLIE MIKE.

No comments: