Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Soccer Shape-up Workout


Teammates, one word: AWESOME!

“My name is Taylor M. I am 18 years old and got the Perfect Pushup about a year ago. My goal was to transform my body for the next step in my life, college. At first the objective was to be able to attract girls but after seeing the first results I achieved something greater. I learned determination, gained confidence, and was given a new positive out look on life. I did a photo shoot with a family friend and was wondering if I would be able to show Charlie Mike my photos so he could see my progress. If you could give me his email address that would be amazing. He has changed my life and I would like to personally thank him.

(THE NEW AND IMPROVED)
Taylor M”

Here’s Taylor’s workout. If you have a story of success you want to share with the CM Teammates, send it, along with a picture and your workout, to getfit@perfectpushup.com. Bravo Zulu Taylor!

CHARLIE MIKE -- ALDEN


WORK OUT CYCLE NUMBER 1 (3-Weeks)

Day 1 Chest and Upper Quad

Day 2 Biceps and Hams

Day 3 Shoulders, Traps, and Low Quad or Ankle

Day 4 Triceps and Calves

Day 5 Back, Traps, and Abs

WORK OUT CYCLE NUMBER 2 (6-Weeks)

Day 1 Chest

Day 2 Back

Day 3 Legs

Day 4 Arms

Day 5 Shoulders

It's very important to add a week off when muscles aren’t recovering as well. Also, no two days would ever be the same. I alternated between 2 workout cycles. For example…for chest -- for one week I might do cable flies and save dumbbell flies for the next week. In a given month none of my days are the same because I keep them each diverse.

The Perfect Push Up was such a GREAT tool. I was able to invent new exercises that gave even more diversity to my workout as well.

For cardio I tried to run at least 3.8 miles after I worked out. Usually 1-2 hours after lifting, in order to rehydrate, reenergize, and burn any extra lactic acid. I try to run 3.8miles or more 3 or 4 times a week depending how many soccer games I’m playing. The specifics and thought behind my workout routine is hard to convey in an email. A lot of research was done to make sure I got the most out of every workout.

Taylor M.

No comments: