Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF: PERFECT Workplace


Guest blogger: Gary Lai of San Francisco

There are things I hate now and my body hates me for it:

Work.
Time.
Fast food.
Gravity.


The idea of sitting in an office chair for 9 hours out of the day makes my back scream at me to just end it all already. And no matter how many ergonomic stretches I do, how many 10 minute walks I take, how many nutrigrain bars I eat, it's not going to change the fact that my gut will get big enough that I can use it as a coaster for my Klean Kanteen water bottle (yes, it's water in there and not soda...most of the time). I'm too groggy in the morning to work out. Nights are for work related happy hours, which ultimately result in me going home with a 20-piece chicken mcnugget combo meal (mmm...bbq sauce). That leaves an hour window during the workday to get a workout in. Yes, I think my coworkers would appreciate me coming back smelling of stink. Gravity...well...causes sagging.

To counter these debilitating factors, the Perfect Pushup has kept me from going downhill. The Perfect Pushup is true to his namesake. At work, we have a hundredpushups.com challenge going around and it may be easier to do regular IMPERFECT pushups, but I'd rather do pushups the right way so that I can get the most out of each individual UP! When my coworkers are doing their 20,25,15,15,25 set, I'm definitely behind in time, but I feel in the end, I'll be more satisfied with my progress.

You'll definitely notice the difference. I'm working muscles I didn't know I had. I think the biggest part is that my wrists aren't dying at the end. Keyboards do that for me. I already have a set of the Perfect Pushups at home, but have a set at work definitely encourages me to utilize the moments when I need to step away from my 3 wall box. Thanks for making a simple product that has some great advantages and benefits.

Cheers,
Gary Lai – San Francisco

3 comments:

Joe G. said...

All a portly fellow needs to do is read the comments of Tim Grizzell.

Think of yourself as a Blubber Burning Machine.

All that fat can work to your advantage if you have the right attitude approaching the situation.

If you change your mindset you change EVERYTHING.

It's like magic - only there's no hocus pocus involved.

Joe G. said...

Great Web site!

http://hundredpushups.com/

DG said...

Sometimes you have to hit bottom in order to find the motivation to change. I was in a similar situation about 3 years ago and I finally said enough was enough. I took action and I made exercise and good nutrition a priority in my life. Today I am 60 lbs lighter, with a single digit body fat percentage, and I feel better than ever. If you can take the disgust that you currently feel and channel in into postive action, you can make an amazing transformation in your life.

www.fitnessempowers.com